Here at QM Recycled Energy (QMRE) our goal is to create a solution for plastic waste that turns it into oil and then renewable plastic.
QMRE has an effective, efficient solution using pyrolysis – a tried and tested, but little utilised, technology that will help reduce the effects of plastic waste pollution at the same time as providing lucrative investment and new business opportunities.
QMRE is rolling out a network of plastic waste-2-oil then back to new and renewable plastic systems throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland (ROI).
Just A Few Facts About Plastic Packaging Pollution:
1. 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic has been produced to date of which 6.3 billion tonnes is now waste of which 79% is in landfill or the natural environment (Science Magazine).
2. It is estimated that there is now a 1:2 ratio of plastic to plankton which if left unchecked plastic will outweigh fish by 2050.
3. A nappy will exist on Earth for 450 years – over 5 times the average life expectancy of someone in Britain.
4. For every 100m of British beach, there are over 200 plastic or polystyrene items.
5. Around 480 billion plastic bottles were sold globally in 2016. Now a million per minute or 16,666 per second.
Information sourced from The Telegraph